[sane-devel] Visioneer 4400

Will May will.j.may at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:24:28 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've got an old scanner (a Visioneer 4400
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/visioneer-onetouch4400.html)
which is unsupported in SANE. I've got it connected in Windows XP
using VirtualBox and able to produce logs with usbsnoop but I don't
really no where to start. I produced a c file using the
usbsnoop2libusb.pl script but it still feels like looking for a needle
in a haystack!

According to posts from 2004
(http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/O5zM9DQRwAdYgH0b53Hl), it's an
LM9832 but I can't find a chip with that number on it. I've noticed
that driver inf file does refer to the E1.ini and viceo.dll files
which the post refers to.

Failing that, is there any better scanner software that the built-in
XP software? I would prefer to use something that gave me greater
control of the size being scanned.

Cheers,

Will.