[sane-devel] Reflecta ProScan 7200

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:01:15 UTC 2011

Those are some really complicated instructions :) You might try these instead:

1. install the libusb-dev package (or libusb-devel, not sure what your
version of linux calls it)
2. install gcc package and it's required dependencies (though it's
probably already installed)
3. download latest sane-backends from http://www.sane-project.org/snapshots/
4. tar xzf sane-backends...
5. cd sane-backends...
6. run (all on one line):
 BACKENDS=pie ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --disable-locking
7. make (then wait awhile)
8. copy the file backend/.libs/libsane-pie.so.1.0.23 over top of
the copy provided by your distro, probably
/usr/lib/sane/libsane-pie.so.1.0.20 (or .21) You can save the old
one before you overwrite it if you want.
9. test with scanimage or xsane and various options.

Only step #8 needs to be done as root. After a backend modification,
you start at #7.

Also note that there is a new library in sane, sanei-magic. It is used
to provide some simple image manipulation routines. It has code to
generate lookup tables for brightness/contrast, for software emulation
of missing hardware features. You could extend that routine to also
use gamma argument, and use that in pie backend.

allan