[sane-devel] Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus

Aidan Karley aidan_karley at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Aug 5 12:18:54 UTC 2011

> Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2011 03:34:25 +0200
> From: Fritjof <fritjofl at gmail.com>
> To: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
> Subject: [sane-devel] Packard Bell Diamond 1200 plus
>
> Hi!
>
> Before scanning one page, my scanner need 20 sec for
> preperation, for every
> page, I assume this is not normal. I've had this problems
> for many years.

You don't say if the scanner *ever* did not behave like this.
FWIW, my HP-Photo-something-2575 All-In-One takes about 10-15 seconds to settle before each page (when it has ink in the printer ; no ink, it refuses to scan ; insane!! unless you're an ink-cartridge salesman)
That doesn't stop me from occasionally scanning a 300 page book when I feel the need (and have ink !!?) ; I incorporate the settling time into my workflow along with positioning the flattening weight etc.

If your machine has a sheet-feeder or page turner, or started doing this some time after purchase, then it would sound more like something was going wrong. But you don't say that it has *developed* this behaviour, only that it has done it "for many years".

--
Aidan Karley,
Aberdeen,