[sane-devel] CanoScan 700F

Sebastian Reinhardt snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de
Tue Aug 30 14:45:09 UTC 2011

Am 11.07.2011 21:55, schrieb Sebastian Reinhardt:
> Am 11.07.2011 21:09, schrieb stef:

>>> I'm also available to test your changes on a 700F. I haven't got a
>>> native Windows install but I do connect the scanner to Virtualbox
>>> currently in order to use it - would Usbsnoop output be useful from
>>> that, or would the virtual machine introduce too many unknowns?
>>>
>>> Will test with the attached script. Should we be testing using the
>>> latest source from SVN or the latest release, or both?
>>>
>>> - Brad
>>     Hello,
>>
>>     please use latest source code from git to compile a test version.
>> Recording a usbsnoop log from within a virtual machine worked for me
>> using
>> vmware. Virtualbox gives me some troubles to have USB working. But
>> may be
>> it'll work for you.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Stef
>>
> Hi, I have an dual-boot (opeSuSE and Winstone XP)on my notebook. I
> have already done an "Snoop" with 75dpi (see earlier mails). So there
> is no problem for me to make an new one....please wait one or two days
> (think tomorrow I will do this and upload the result)...

Oh sorry, took a while.....
Here it is: http://snr-solutions.de/Computer/usbsnoop.log.gz
I had some problems to record this file. UsbSnoop starts recording at
system startup. So there are many lines before scanning in this file and
file size is >400Mb (unpacked)!

Sorry, I tried it several times but it seems that UsbSnoop is not longer
compatible with WinXP' newer patches (I use a very clean system, because
I do not work with Winstone!).

So stef, I hope You can find any information in this file You need.....

--
Kind regaards

Sebastian Reinhardt