[sane-devel] Canon MF8330

Vasily Olekhov olekhov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:22:15 UTC 2011

Teemu, greetings.
I've tried to add support for MF4410 (class 0x2727) just as you said, with
no luck.
I dug further. I've got USB traffic from windows machine and noticed that
command for receiving image data has changed from 0xd420 to 0xd460 with
slightly different parameters.

I think you should connect your scanner to windows machine and snoop
traffic with some software (I was using USBlyzer). Next, you should analyze
commands sent out and answers received in. It should look like:

> db 20 .... (start session)
< 06 06 (OK)
> dd 20 .... (select source)
< 06 06 ... (OK, some params)