[sane-devel] Canoscan 9000F / pixma-backend status

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 01:29:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 5:24 AM, Olaf Zevenboom <olaf_7 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> What is the status of the rewritten pixma-backend-driver? Gernot
> Hassenpflug/shugyo has been quite active on the subject until 4 months ago
> or something. The driver is not yet in the GIt repository so it seems.
> Would love to give it a spin on my Debian Squeeze system, but it seems the
> Mr Hassenpflug has been a bit busy so I am looking for an alternative
> source for the code. Or is it bound to appear in Git soon? Any thoughts on
> the subject?

Status update:
I've been busy with some other drivers the last couple of months, and part
of that work was finally completed this weekend. So my plan is to start
splitting the mp150 sub-driver into two separate sub-drivers: the original
one as much untouched as possible, all the new code shifted to a new
sub-driver, and then devices that should be supported in the new sub-driver
removed from the old one. That was the brief I received from the maintainer
but did not have time to do that work in the meantime.
You are of course welcome to the code anytime, I have been sending it to
anyone that requested it.

I will keep the list updated, and send the files I am working on, as I
start to work on the splitting operation this week.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug