[sane-devel] Best way to release a development version of a new backend for testing?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 01:26:41 UTC 2011

Assuming you use sanei_* libraries, you best bet is to initially
distribute a patch against the latest release of sane-backends. Once
you have some feedback/testing, you could work that patch into shape
against the current development version, and submit it for inclusion
with the rest of sane-backends. It has been our experience that
backends which live out of tree die off, and backends which are
designed to build standalone have lots of cruft in them when they get
added to sane.

allan