[sane-devel] Support for CanoScan 9000F and others: splitting pixma_mp150.c into two drivers

Rolf Bensch rolf at fam-bensch.de
Tue Dec 27 17:47:55 UTC 2011

Hi Gernot,

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:52:00AM +0900, Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:
> More updates:
>
> Compiled latest SANE from git successfully and tested MP810 as example
> device. Worked fine at 4800 dpi in TPU mode.
>
> I am attaching the diffs  (diff -u <current git file> <modified file>
> ) for all the files that were modified to create and support the new
> sub-driver, which I call pixma_mp810.c after the lowest-named device
> it supports.
>
> The attached file is a RARed file which expands into a sub-directory
> named sub-driver-pixma_mp810.
> It an be un-compressed using:
>
> unrar x pixma_mp810.rar
>
> The new or modified files are (all in /backend sub-directory):
>
> Makefile.am
> pixma_rename.h
> pixma_common.c
> pixma.h
> pixma.c
> pixma_mp150.c
> pixma_mp810.c
>
> More below.

In flatbed mode CS9000F does not support 9600 dpi.

I added a patch similar to readjusting the lowest resolution (150 dpi or
300 dpi) in TPU mode.

Maybe you need to change the patch if other scanners support 9600 dpi in
flatbed mode.

I found no other functional differences comparing pixma_mp810.c with the
latest patched pixma_150.c

Many thanks for your excellent job!

Rgds,
Rolf