[sane-devel] Scanning from fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 Error during device I/O

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Fri Feb 4 17:16:26 UTC 2011

> No, Markus has uncovered a real bug. The S1500 chokes when doing high
> resolution duplex scans. The backend reads data from both sides of the
> paper, and buffers the back side. Unfortunately, we read too far ahead
> on the backside, and the scanner has problems.

I have no idea if this could be related but I have recently tested an S510
which one of our users was using at home. He said the scanner doesn't work
fine anymore. I thought of course you can not compare to the bigger ones
like fi-6230 bunt when I tried to scan duplex at - I think it was 300dpi -
it was veeeeeeery slow. It felt like being 1 or 2 minutes and that really
seems to much :)

What I remember is that it took half of the A4 paper quite fast and then
waited a long time, scanned a bit more, waited and so on until the page
was finished. The output file itself was looking fine.

Any ideas if that's related somehow, at least I guess the S510 and S1500
may be from the same "family".

Regards,
Simon