[sane-devel] Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 paper length

Mikael Nordenberg mikael at ikanos.se
Mon Feb 7 13:53:42 UTC 2011

Hi list.

I'm using the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1500 connected to a Ubuntu server as my
personal mail scanning solution, and it works very well.

Most of the time, I'm scanning A4 sized papers, but once in a while I need
to scan receipts that may be as long as 50-60 cm.
I noticed that, in Windows, there's no need to set the paper size, even for
long documents like these receipts.

In scanadf I tried to set the paper size to maximum length and then crop it
using post processing software, but it resulted in very slow scans for A4
sized papers.
The scanner would just sit and wait for long periods of time between each
sheet.

Anyone know how this is accomplished in Windows, and/or have any idea how to
get roughly the same functionality using the sane driver?

Best regards,
Mikael