[sane-devel] suseLINUX 11.2

John Middlebrook midjh at edsl.co.za
Mon Feb 7 13:38:25 UTC 2011

 Hi There,

 I don't know whether this is the right place. I hope so.

 Installed a Canon Pixma MX320 about two years ago. This
 model was supported by Canon for 11.1 and I downloaded
 the scanner driver. Then 11.2 was released to which I
 upgraded. The printer function still works, but the
 scanner driver has changed and is incompatible with
 that originally installed.

 Canon are not interested in upgrading their driver.
 This is most annoying as one would assume that having
 provided the necessary software for a product they
 would maintain it.

 The trouble for manufacturers who are obliged to
 support Microsoft is that they are kept etenally
 busy trying to keep up with their multitudinous
 changes!

 Can you advise me?

 Regards,
 John Middlebrook.