[sane-devel] CanoScan 700F

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Feb 8 05:55:49 UTC 2011

Le Monday 07 February 2011 23:48:22 Sebastian Reinhardt, vous avez écrit :
> Today I got a my new Canon CanoScan 700F and I like to use this with sane!
> Is there any progress in devel. of 700F driver? Can I help and how?
>
> I found some dicussion about this printer:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2009-June/024975.html
> or
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2010-November/027623.ht
> ml But how can I get this scanner work with linux?

	Hello,

	there is experimental code to be tested in the genesys backend for 700f
support. You need to get the most recent SANE sources and compile it to try
out how it works. You don't need to make an install, the test version can be
run from within the build tree with a script such as the appended one. It has
to be placed in the 'backend' subdirectory of SANE's sources, and will launch
xsane with the locally compiled version.

Regards,
	Stef