[sane-devel] CanoScan 700F

Sebastian Reinhardt snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de
Wed Feb 9 21:55:40 UTC 2011

Am 08.02.2011 06:55, schrieb stef:
> Le Monday 07 February 2011 23:48:22 Sebastian Reinhardt, vous avez écrit :
>> Today I got a my new Canon CanoScan 700F and I like to use this with sane!
>> Is there any progress in devel. of 700F driver? Can I help and how?
>>
>> I found some dicussion about this printer:
>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2009-June/024975.html
>> or
>> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2010-November/027623.ht
>> ml But how can I get this scanner work with linux?
> 	Hello,
>
> 	there is experimental code to be tested in the genesys backend for 700f
> support. You need to get the most recent SANE sources and compile it to try
> out how it works. You don't need to make an install, the test version can be
> run from within the build tree with a script such as the appended one. It has
> to be placed in the 'backend' subdirectory of SANE's sources, and will launch
> xsane with the locally compiled version.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef
Hi, Thanks. I tried it, but if I start Your script, snae starts, but no
scanner was found.

sane-find-scanner :

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a kernel SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x05e3, product=0x0503 [USB 2.0 PC Camera]) at
libusb:001:005
found USB scanner (vendor=0x067b, product=0x2303) at libusb:001:007
found USB scanner (vendor=0x067b, product=0x2303) at libusb:001:008
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1907 [CanoScan],
chip=GL847) at libusb:001:011
found USB scanner (vendor=0x147e [TouchStrip        ], product=0x2016
[Fingerprint Sensor   ]) at libusb:004:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

  # Not checking for parallel port scanners.

  # Most Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
  # can't be detected by this program.
I tried it as user and root in "sane-backends-git20110209/backend".

OS: openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64)

What can I do?

--
Regaards