[sane-devel] LIDE 60. configure scanning prefs?

Ben Green greenb1 at mac.com
Fri Feb 11 21:12:45 UTC 2011

Allan, Thanks very much - Following is a lot of "How to" questions?
I can't try any of this now as I have to go to work - but I'll try these suggestions later tonight -

Just to clarify (here's my programming prowess coming to the fore!) -

This is all done in terminal (not sane prefs?) --

How do I open this file : backend/genesys_devices.c ?
once i see this file - it might make it all more clear for me..

How do I set GENESYS_FLAG_NO_CALIBRATION?
How do I remove existing flags?
and how do I rebuild the backend?

once this is done, I can scan again from the TWAIN-SANE interface (without calibration)? as this code will affect the actual backend coding is that correct?

ALso - if i screw it all up, can i re-insall and start again?

Thanks a million for your help -- I'm never sure if these things work, but there's only one way to find out ..

Cheers

Ben