[sane-devel] Scanjet 4400c and 4300c

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Feb 15 20:46:09 UTC 2011

Le Thursday 20 January 2011 18:41:30 Albert Pool, vous avez écrit :
> I said the 4400c was having the wrong buttons configured, but they
> aren't wrong. I was confused with my 4300c (I'm having both).
>
> Sorry for my previous mail.
>
> The scanner I mentioned on IRC #sane was also the 4300c.
> I did not get answer while I was there, so will repeat here.
>
> This scanner is said to be supported complete, but doesn't work fully
> OK. When starting a scan, it is making very strange sounds for a minute
> or two before starting to scan, and the scanning itself is very slow.
>
> Albert Pool

	Hello,

	due to calibration, the scanner may take time to start. Slow scan times
may be due to the use of highest resolutions which generate lots of data.
Using libusb_1.0 speeds up scanning.
	In order to check what is really going on, I nee a log file. The appended
script will do a 600 dpi scan. Please send me the rts8891-scan-600.log it will
generate.

Regards,
	Stef