[sane-devel] LIDE 60. configure scanner - Mac Terminal

Ben Green greenb1 at mac.com
Wed Feb 16 00:33:32 UTC 2011

Hi allan,

Look I've done some poking around to implement these changes that you stated - its a bit like an elephant with a bazooka in a china shop.

I have libsub installed and the backends. I've gone through M. Ellerts site - but it only takes you through simple command-line scanning.

What I cant get into is the genesys_devices.c file.. From the abandoned backend help pages of Henning Meier-Geinitz they state there are three files in the backend..
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/genesys.conf

The backend configuration file (see also description of SANE_CONFIG_DIR below).

/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane−genesys.a

The static library implementing this backend.

/usr/local/lib/sane/libsane−genesys.so

The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading).

Is one of these files the genesys_devices.c file you are taliking about? Or is it inside one of these files? If so - can I use "emac" in terminal to pull up the flagged file and change it?

Also,  do you know the equivalent of 'make' and 'run' in terminal?

Thanks Much

Ben