[sane-devel] Genius SF2600

Paul Anderson pbabylon5 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 01:40:34 UTC 2011

I have one of these scanners hooked to a Fedora 14 system.  The
scanner scans the page OK but the resulting image is a medium gray
overall.  The actual image content is there but barely visible within
the gray background.

I tried this scanner under Windows XP and it seemed to work.  It asked
for a calibration page to be put through the first time and the
scanner produced a credible image after that.

I am willing to spend some time trying to get the device working under
Linux if someone could give me a clue as to what may be going on and
what I can do to affect the scanned result.  I was looking at the afe
parameters in /etc/sane.d/gt68xx.conf but trial and error did not make
any difference.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Paul Anderson