[sane-devel] Canon imageRUNNER C6800

Ben Heggy ben.heggy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 19:56:55 UTC 2011

I'm looking for information about the network scanning function of the
Canon imageRUNNER C6800.

I found nothing in the archives.

I would be interested in developing a backend to support this model, but
I need some info or ideas on where to get info to begin.

There is a piece of software for windows and since the interface
operates over the network interface, I imagine I could try to run the
windows program and capture packets and attempt to divine their meaning,
but would rather not, if I can avoid it.

I have emailed canon support, but suspect they will not be forthcoming
with anything useful as everything about scanning on their website seems
to relate to windows. They do provide a mac os driver for the printer,
but not the scanner.

Any thoughts, information, or links you can provide will be greatly
appreciated.

Ben