[sane-devel] [hp5590] PATCH: enhance allowed ADF image height
hostcc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 22:49:49 UTC 2011
from what I'm seening (thanks all for bug reports & logs I've
received), ADF maximum height should be hardcoded. At least, I didn't
find any relevant place in USB dumps from original Windows driver to
take max ADF height from the device.
Attached is the patch which enhances maximum ADF height to 20''. Why
20"? I don't see any reasons why U-type ADF unit couldn't scan even
that tall paper - let try to find rough edge ;) This change wasn't
committed to GIT yet - let's verify the concept before without
polluting tree with commits. The patch was generated against GIT HEAD
being at ccf58bf516d670ec0c7d4f17b884b21d6eaa7895.
I would like to have volunteers who:
- have access to HP5590 or similar device
- want to experiment
- have spare time to do that
Basically, the process of applying the patch is simple:
- grab source of SANE backends
- unpack them to any directory
- cd to that directory
- apply this patch using 'patch -p1 < sane-backend-hp5590-adf-height.diff'
- configure && make
- make install to any suitable directory (could be default /usr/local
or anything you prefer)
- try to scan from ADF
- report back what maximum height scanner will allow to be set without
facing any error from it
Let me know if anyone needs an assistance here.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2065 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the sane-devel