[sane-devel] Canon Image Class MF4150 scanner with Automatic Docment Feeder as Source

Nicolas Martin nicolas0martin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 14:03:33 UTC 2011

Well, for all "ImageClass" MFPs, the maximum width and height scan is
currently set to 640 x 877 pixels at 75 dpi, this corresponds to:

640 / 75 * 2.54 cm = 21,67 cm in width
877 / 75 * 2.54 cm = 29,70 cm in height

Those values are set in the backend, file pixma_imageclass.c, at the end
of the file, separately for each model supported in this file. There's a
line corresponding to MF4150.

Although never tested, you could try to change those values to bigger
ones corresponding to A3, and see if the scanner accepts them :

This would be, a size like : 877 x 1280 instead of 640 x 877

DEV ("Canon imageCLASS MF4150", "MF4100", MF4100_PID, 600, 877, 1280,
PIXMA_CAP_ADF)

Let us know then.