[sane-devel] Status for Canon 5600F with GL847

Stefan Larsson lastsys at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 17:18:19 UTC 2011

Hello,

I am writing a short status report on my efforts on getting any life out of
the 5600F. I also found documentation for GL846 and GL848 which helped a lot
to understand things.

The initialization phase is looking quite good now up to start of scanning.
No data is received since the motor is not moving (just a very short
clicking sound is heard). The lamp is on. I believe I am writing correct
values to the frontend and that the GPIO is initialized correctly (maybe)...

I would appreciate any hints on what could be the problem with getting the
motor moving. I am attaching an annotated USB-log, one SANE-log, a code diff
and the script I am using to run the test.

I have not started changing in acceleration curves, the question is whether
this such details are of importance at all for starting the motor?

Thanks,
/Stefan Larsson