[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 210 issue - exceeds maximum scan height?

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jan 12 20:05:09 UTC 2011

Le Wednesday 12 January 2011 08:41:55 Heinz Wiesinger, vous avez écrit :
> On Wednesday 12 January 2011 06:52:35 stef wrote:
> > Le Wednesday 12 January 2011 00:21:35 Heinz Wiesinger, vous avez écrit :
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I got myself a Canon LiDE 210 today and immediatly tried it with latest
> > > git (922a22e). It was detected fine and it seems to work pretty good as
> > > well.
> > >
> > > Preview works fine, but I noticed that after the actual scanning run,
> > > when the scanhead is parked again, it tries to go back too far. It does
> > > not happen after the preview run, only after the scan.
> > >
> > > If there is anything else I can provide to help get this bug fixed,
> > > don't hesitate to contact me :)
> > >
> > > Grs,
> > > Heinz
> >
> > 	Hello,
> >
> > 	when you wait for the scanning head to park before each scans no mare
> >
> > motor noise), do you have the same issue ?
>
> Interesting, I thought I had tested that case as well, but apparently I
> didn't.
> It's true, if I wait between each scan nothing happens, the head is parked
> correctly. If I do not wait, or specify multiple scans from the beginning,
> it has issues.
>
> Grs,
> Heinz

	OK,

	thanks for the tests. I have just pushed a fixed for this bug to the git
source tree.
	BTW, do you have a windows environment where you can run your LiDE 210?
Does the windows proposes a 2400 dpi resolution ? In this case I'd be much
interested by a log recorded with http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/ of
a very small area scanned at 2400 dpi.

Regards,
	Stef