[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 210 issue - exceeds maximum scan height?

Heinz Wiesinger HMWiesinger at liwjatan.at
Wed Jan 12 23:37:52 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 12 January 2011 21:05:09 you wrote:
> Le Wednesday 12 January 2011 08:41:55 Heinz Wiesinger, vous avez écrit :

> > > 	Hello,
> > >
> > > 	when you wait for the scanning head to park before each scans no mare
> > >
> > > motor noise), do you have the same issue ?
> >
> > Interesting, I thought I had tested that case as well, but apparently I
> > didn't.
> > It's true, if I wait between each scan nothing happens, the head is
> > parked correctly. If I do not wait, or specify multiple scans from the
> > beginning, it has issues.
> >
> > Grs,
> > Heinz
>
> 	OK,
>
> 	thanks for the tests. I have just pushed a fixed for this bug to the git
> source tree.

Thank you very much. Confirmed working now here as well :)

> 	BTW, do you have a windows environment where you can run your LiDE 210?
> Does the windows proposes a 2400 dpi resolution ? In this case I'd be much
> interested by a log recorded with http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/
> of a very small area scanned at 2400 dpi.

Hmm, I'm not sure. The list only offered up to 1200 dpi, but it was editable.
So I tried defining 2400 dpi and from what I can see it worked. At least gimp
reports the scanned image with 2400 dpi. I did the same for 4800 dpi as well,
don't know if it is useful or not.

I tried to get as small as possible scans, maybe it ended up too small. If so
tell me and I'll run it again. I uploaded the logs to my server, they are
available here: http://www.liwjatan.at/files/logs/

Hope that helps! :)

Grs,
Heinz