[sane-devel] Troley locked when previewing with HP OfficeJet R45

Patrick Muscat patrick.muscat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:01:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

I was happy to see xsane speaking with my old HP Office Jet R45 yesterday
but there is a problem. When a ask for a preview with A4 format, the scanner
wants to go further than the maximum and the chariot is locked. I can open
the scanner and unlock it but it is a bit annoying because the preview does
not end and xsane need a dirty kill or ^C.

I tried different things and noticed that the A5 format is ok, thus I think
there is something with the preset-area-height. I am wondering what is the
unit of this value to reduce it a bit in order to scan as much as possible
without locking the scanner.

A last thing! A used the same scanner since many years (I have got it since
2003) with xsane and everything was fine (I have got it since 2003). I do
not remember the version of xsane and sane I was using because I spent some
time under Microsoft OS meanwhile. The scanner works well under windows with
HP drivers.

Current platform:
- Linux Compaq (T5000) 2.6.26-2-486 #1 Thu Nov 25 01:49:20 UTC 2010 i686
GNU/Linux (Debian Lenny)
- xsane_0.996-1_i386.deb
- sane_1.0.14-7_i386.deb
- hpoj_0.91-14_i386.deb (mlc:parport0)

Thanks for your work!

Pat.

PS: I am truly sorry for my self translated English and I apologize. Perhaps
a french will understand my english better than you...