[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MX870

Kenton Varda temporal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 05:13:58 UTC 2011

Hi Nicolas and sane-devel,

Back in July there was a thread on the Canon PIXMA MX870 that ended here:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2010-July/027197.html

Using the latest sources from git, I find myself stuck at basically the same
place as Matthais.

When using the scanner over ethernet, I can sometimes scan one page from the
ADF, but multiple pages fail.  In general the device is very finicky.

Over USB, scanimage -T just hangs.  (I also had the same conflict with usblp
that Matthias mentioned, but that went away when I did modprobe -r usblp
usb_storage.)

What can I do to help get this working?

Note that the scanner works in Linux with Canon's "Scangear MP", but I'd
rather use sane.

Thanks,
-Kenton