[sane-devel] Success: Canon Pixma MX320 (previously untested)

Martin Trenz mtrenz at mtrenz.de
Wed Jan 26 13:25:30 UTC 2011

Hi all,

i like to state that i was able to sucessfully scan images using my new Canon
Pixma MX320 device. Things not tested yet:

- ADF
- Button mode

Resolutions: 75, 150, 300, 600 and 1200 DPI

Linux: Debian Squeeze (Testing)

Interface: USB

Drivers: Canon Scangear 1.30-1 (from their website)

Backend: Pixma

Entry in /etc/udev/rules/60-libsane.rules:

# Canon PIXMA MX320
ATTRS{idVendor}=="04a9", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1736", MODE="0664",
GROUP="scanner", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

Worth mentioning: The drivers install a "80-canon_mfp.rules". That one is
redundant, the scangear-software works as long as the scanner is in the
libsane rules (see above). On my system the canon-rulesfile even generates a
lot of warnings in syslog (due to old rules-syntax) so you better remove it
after the scanner works.

I will try to fiddle a bit with ADF and button mode but they are not very
important to me so don't hold your breath for an update :-)

If you need further information please contact me.

Best regards

Martin Trenz, Frankfurt, Germany