[sane-devel] CanoScan 9000F code compilation

Al Bogner sane at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Sat Jul 2 12:56:16 UTC 2011

Am Fr, 01 Jul 2011 21:40:59 CEST schrieb Stefan-bkk:

> Hi Al,
>
> any progress? My 9000F is rusting on my desk and one of the few
> reasons to keep an XP partition on my HD.
> Also Gernot's blog is not accessible. Where can I get instructions and
> Gernot's code?

For "normal" use, Gernot's driver works fine for me. I didn't test
negative scans.

For instructions see my mail to this list:

Sun, 5 Jun 2011 02:15:19 +0200
[sane-devel] CanoScan 9000F code compilation

There is only 1 strange thing with my Suse and Ubuntu machines, 32bit
and 64bit. Wait a few hours with Ubuntu and wait 1 day with Suse to test
if the scanner is recognized.

After the compilation the scanner was not recognized and after a while
it was. Maybe there is a cronjob, which does the "rest".

To use the scanner as a user, you have to add

/lib/udev/rules.d/40-libsane.rules

#in 1 line
ATTRS{idVendor}=="04a9", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1908",
ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

Thanks Gernot for your great work and I hope one day, there will be an
option for line-art, as discussed privately.

Al