[sane-devel] CanoScan 700F

Sebastian Reinhardt snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de
Mon Jul 11 19:55:54 UTC 2011

Am 11.07.2011 21:09, schrieb stef:
> Le lundi 11 juillet 2011 13:45:25 Brad Laue, vous avez écrit :

>>> 	Hello,
>>>
>>> 	I'll have time to look at it after my holidays. However, since most of
>>>
>>> the develoment time is testing, and that I have no 700F at hand, I'm
>>> afraid this will take some time. You'll have to test the code changes
>>> I'll do, them send me back the tests logs.
>>>
>>> 	One thing you can right now do is to compile and test the latest genesys
>>>
>>> backend version to get a starting point. By using the appended script,
>>> you'll be able to run a compiled version without installing it (ie no
>>> 'make install'). It  outputs a rl.pnm and rl.log file. Please send them
>>> to me. The script has to be placed and run in the backend subdirectory
>>> of SANE's sources.
>>>
>>> 	Another thing is to record with usbsnoop a 4800 dpi scan done under
>>>
>>> windows. The Usbsnoop.log file will be huge but can be reduced by
>>> selecting a very small scan area. Compress it and send it (or post it
>>> somewhere) to me.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> 	Stef
>> I'm also available to test your changes on a 700F. I haven't got a
>> native Windows install but I do connect the scanner to Virtualbox
>> currently in order to use it - would Usbsnoop output be useful from
>> that, or would the virtual machine introduce too many unknowns?
>>
>> Will test with the attached script. Should we be testing using the
>> latest source from SVN or the latest release, or both?
>>
>> - Brad
> 	Hello,
>
> 	please use latest source code from git to compile a test version.
> Recording a usbsnoop log from within a virtual machine worked for me using
> vmware. Virtualbox gives me some troubles to have USB working. But may be
> it'll work for you.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

Hi, I have an dual-boot (opeSuSE and Winstone XP)on my notebook. I have
already done an "Snoop" with 75dpi (see earlier mails). So there is no
problem for me to make an new one....please wait one or two days (think
tomorrow I will do this and upload the result)...

--
Kind regaards

Sebastian Reinhardt