[sane-devel] CanoScan LIDE 100

Melanie Desaive melanie.desaive at desaive.de
Sun Jul 17 17:35:51 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,

I purchased an CanoScan LIDE 100 scanner, the Sane website says it works for version 1.0-62 of the genesys backend, but for me scanimage does not work.

I am using sane-backends version 1.0.22 and compiled the genesys backend. The manpage of sane-genesys does not list the CanoScan LIDE 100 as supported scanner. Is there another version of sane-backends I should use?

----
sane-find-scanner gives the following output:

root at tux /usr/src/linux # sane-find-scanner -q
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x1904 [CanoScan],
chip=GL847) at libusb:001:007

----

I put the line

usb 0x04a9 0x1904

into the file "/etc/sane.d/genesys.conf"

----

But scanimage doesn't work:

root at tux /usr/src/linux # scanimage -L

----

I would really appreciate some hint, what the problem could be. As I already have been reading about people working fine with the LIDE 100 and SANE, I expect that I am missing a simple point to get the scanner working.

Greetings,

Melanie