[sane-devel] HPG4010scanner

David Blaies dblaies1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 16 06:41:33 UTC 2011

Dear Sir,

I used the latest sane v.1.0.22 backend, along with Xsane, for a B&W scanning project. The software was functional (after a lot of tweaking) for grey scale and line art. However, I neither the color scan nor the high resolution (4800 dpi optical) would work. The photo-negative scanner was not present in the software, either.

This was installed on Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit on Intel dual-core.

The scanning was successful and images will appear in my new ebook. I will give the book under the GNU free document license.

Thank you for your efforts to date,

Sincerely,
David Blaies, Ph. D.