[sane-devel] Plustek OpticPro ST24

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue May 10 07:08:47 UTC 2011

Le mercredi 6 avril 2011 01:17:43 Marcin Karpezo, vous avez écrit :
> Hi there
> After a long time I've given another try to my Plustek scanner on Linux
> with sane current git tree
> <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=38398>. Unfortunately it does
> not work yet, but here is some more information:
>
>     * It is recognized by sane-find-scanner
>       (http://wklej.org/id/507114/) after uncommenting the correct line
>       for it in /etc/sane.d/genesys.conf
>
> >       # Plustek OpticPro ST24
> >       usb 0x07b3 0x0601
>
>     * scanimage -L also seems to be working (http://wklej.org/id/507116/)
>     * When I try to scan something with xsane it tells me that my
>       scanner is not supported now and shuts down when I try to run a
>       preview or do sth else. (http://wklej.org/id/507118/) Oh, it also
>       turns on the lamp of the scanner but it won't shut down until I
>       pull the plug from the scanner.
>
>     * lsusb output for it:
> >       Bus 002 Device 008: ID 07b3:0601 Plustek, Inc.
>
> Is there any other information I can provide to You to speedup or
> simplify supporting this scanner?
>
> Thanks for Your time.

	Hello,

	this model isn't supported currently by the genesys backend but can be
added. Since it is a GL646 based scanners, all the advice you can find int hte
various posts regarding HP2400/G2410 apply. You may have a look at them to
know what to do.
	Basically the process is to infere the register values from USB logs
recorded by runnning the scanner under windows, then modify code to match
these values. It requires you have a device to test the changes.

Regards,
	Stef