[sane-devel] Canoscan FB1200S

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu May 19 13:17:32 UTC 2011

Stop logging into Xwindows as root.

instead, login as yourself, open a terminal, and run this:

su -

It will ask for root password. if you give it correctly, you now have
a shell open as root. in that shell, run this:

chown chris. /dev/sg0

(this assumes that 'chris' is your login.) Note the '.' after chris.
This changes the owner and group. Now exit the root shell:

exit

and exit the 'chris' shell if you don't need it any more.

exit

However, all of this is a stop-gap for actually fixing the problem.
Your system should be capable of managing these permissions
automatically. What OS is this?

allan