[sane-devel] Fedora 15epson2/scsi doesnt work but Fedora 11 - updated does

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue May 31 02:12:01 UTC 2011

Pete Lancashire <pete at petelancashire.com> writes:

> Olaf,
>
> I will give the Epkowa backend a try next (on a side note the URL in
> the sane documentation is 404)

Which one?  The link listed in this section[1] and this page[2] work
fine for me.

 [1]
 http://sane.alioth.debian.org/lists/sane-backends-external.html#S-EPKOWA
 [2] http://sane.alioth.debian.org/sane-frontends.html

> what I've done in the mean time is to download various versions of the
> sane backends and configure/make.
>
> here the results so far
>
> .22 - same results as the one from the Fedora distribution
> .21 - same

Makes sense.  The fix for the initial problem in the thread mentioned
earlier shipped in .21.

> .20 - works. This is the same version I have on the 'working' PC.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962