[sane-devel] Test.conf devices not working for ADF

Wolfgang Ihloff wolfgang at ihloff.de
Sun Nov 13 23:47:49 UTC 2011

>> I am using the sane backend with test.conf devices add to dll.conf
>>
>> The test device works correctly for single page, however the adf does not
>> work. Am I missing some configuration? I read somewhere that by default it
>> should send 50 pages in case of adf setting.
>
> With Skanlite I get 10 pages when I select ADF before it returns "Document
> feeder out of documents"

I am on MacOSX Snow Leopard using sane 1.0.23 and all related packages from http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/

Using Apple Image Capture I do not see the sane device.
I Use Morena java scan applet from http://www.gnome.sk/Twain/jtp.html

My Gimp Installation does not show the Sane interface either. The instructions here did not make sense to me: http://www.xsane.org/doc/sane-xsane-gimp-doc.html I think there is no xsane on MacOSX

Any suggestion on another program to try out on MacOSX?

>> Any suggestions on what I am missing?
> What application are you using to test with?
>
> In case it is your own program: you can just do multiple scans until you get
> the "Document feeder out of documents" status or until you decide to stop.

Right, that is what I would have expected but in my Java Setup I only see 1 page returned. But as stated above it might very well be an error within the Java domain on Morena or on my Java code. So another program to test would be the best next step I can come up with.

Cheers,
Wolfgang