[sane-devel] Avision HP Scanjet 8390 Sleep Problem

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:41:41 UTC 2011

A couple Fujitsu machines have a similar problem. They shutdown USB
endpoint 0 when in power saving mode. This is in violation of the USB
specification, but does not harm their windows driver because it only
sends control packets when the computer first starts. Sane chokes,
because we send control packets at each program invocation. These
particular scanners come out of sleep mode when paper is inserted or a
button is pressed. Doing that before starting a sane frontend is a
workaround.

Do you see anything in your system logs when this occurs? Does the
device still show up in lsusb?

allan