[sane-devel] Hello, I am Fedora user using SANE for my DocketPort 685

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Nov 21 20:45:27 UTC 2011

Le lundi 21 novembre 2011 12:06:28 烏小龜 a écrit :
> Hello, at first I have to thank you for reading my problem and give me
> direction ^^
>
> Double the width works, I can get both side in one image at  the same time.
>
> But there is one another question . When I set the image to gray-scale
> image (pgm)  by "scanimage -x 212 -y 120 --format=pnm > output.pgm"
>
> Things goes very well. But if I set the image to color image(ppm) by
> "scanimage --mode Color -x 212 -y 120 --format=pnm > output.ppm"
>
> There seems to be some noises on the image. There are serveral yellow lines
> on the front-side image of my name card, and the back-side is a good one.
>
> I've also changed "-y 120" to "-y 90" range to "-y 140", and it didn't work.
>
> Belows are my output image on dropbox .
>
> Could you kindly tell me how to make the image good? Thank you ><
>
> Gray
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50343039/output.pgm
>
> Color
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/50343039/output.ppm
>
> B.R
> 2011/11/15 Stef <stef.dev at free.fr>

	Hello,

	you haven't calibrated yet your scanner with the calibration target (the
with card with an horizontal black stripe). You can either use the 'calibrate'
button in XSane or run 'scanimage -d genesys --calibrate >calib.pnm' .
SANE doesn't currently give a mean to signal users to do such calibration, you
can't know what is going on unless you read the man page.

Regards,
	Stef