[sane-devel] Support for Canon Canoscan 4400F

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Nov 22 20:37:44 UTC 2011

Le dimanche 20 novembre 2011 13:13:04 Patrick Glasmacher a écrit :
> Hello all together,
>
> I am a new, but really happy user of Linux (Ubuntu).
>
> I own a Canon Canoscan 4400F, but i found out, that there's no support for
> this device at the moment.
> I have searched the mail list archive, and found out that there has some
> development been a while ago.
>
> I have no programming skills, but would like to help to get this scanner
> working.
>
> What can I do, to help making this scanner be supported?
>
> Thank you very much
> Patrick

	Hello,

	this scanner is a GL843 based one, and so could be added to the genesys
backend. If you send me the UsbSnoop.log file generated with UsbSnoop. You can
get it at http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/default.htm, I'd be able to
evaluate how much work xould be needed to add it.

Regards,
	Stef