[sane-devel] Canon MF8330

Teemu Suikki zuikkis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 17:51:01 UTC 2011

Hi!

I have a Canon MF8330 multifunctional device..

Initially, sane-find-scanner reported:
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon,Inc.], product=0x2708
[MF8330]) at libusb:001:010

But sane didn't support it, so scanimage didn't work.

I noticed that pixma_imageclass.c has (untested) support for MF8030..
MF8330 and MF8030 look identical and the USB device ID is off by only
one, so I figured that might work. :)

I added MF8330 to pixma_imageclass.c by simply copy-pasting all
references of MF8030.

Now, sane detects the scanner. I tried scanning with scanimage. The
scanner performs correct looking operation, the head moves correctly
and the scanner reports it is scanning. However, when scanning is
finished, the scanner display reports "Cancelled" and scanimage fails
with:

scanimage: sane_read: Error during device I/O

Any ideas? Are there any easy debug options I could add?

--
Teemu Suikki
http://www.ksportfinland.com