[sane-devel] my 2nd test of genesys hp2400

Bertie Coopersmith bertie at coopersmith.demon.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 10:13:17 UTC 2011

This time I ran with correct (I hope) command arguments to produce
a colour image:
scanimage -f PPM --mode col > img

The result was just the first 3 characters of a header. The output
of hd img is as follows:
00000000  50 50 4d                                          |PPM|
00000003

I repeated the scanimage command without arguments as follows:
scanimage > zzz.pnp
As before, the result, zzz.pnp was a good greyscale image.

I have tried other 3-character image formats with similar results and
also with omitting the -f argument. It seems that Alexey's driver is
failing to deal with a colour image.

Regards, Bertie