[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan 9000F - forgotten?

Аl Воgnеr sane at ml1103.bogner.priv.at
Wed Oct 19 21:45:47 UTC 2011

Am Mi, 19 Okt 2011 21:03:48 CEST schrieb Einar Lygre:

> In February 2011 shugyo ( Gernot Hassenpflug) wrote in Debian User
> Forums : /The Canoscan 9000F will NOT be in the next SANE minor
> release 1.0.22, for which the freeze deadline has already passed./
> And /I will submit my code to the maintainer to approval hopefully
> this weekend, and report in this thread on developments in regard to
> adding the code to CVS (probably only possible shortly after the
> release of SANE 1.0.22 in mid-February)./
> CanoScan 9000F is not in the list for supported devices in release
> 1.0.22, but nor is it in the list list for devices supported by
> sane-backends-1.0.23git. It is even not mentioned as untested. What
> happens?

I am hoping too, that the code finds its way into an official release.
I compiled it myself and the scanner works for my needs. I didn't test
everything!

There was 1 problem only, which I reported in a mail to the list:

"[sane-devel] Strange conflict with Wireless 300N USB adapter and
CanoScan 9000F"

I returned the wireless adapter, since it was a backup solution, when
my ISP has troubles and I don't need it daily, so I am happy again with
my 9000F.

Αl