[sane-devel] plustek optic pro s28

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 05:31:29 UTC 2011

On 10/26/2011 01:10 AM, Yevgeny Gromov wrote:

> I try to write driver for Plustek optic pro s28 which is not supported yet in
> sane. Maybe someone tried to do it before me and have achieved some results?
>
> Just now after several hours of work I've only lerned how to turn off and on
> the lamp in it.

I've tried to program the st28 couple of years
ago, from the datasheets, but didn't manage to
implement the motor slope tables correctly.
Using the following slope table element produced
completely untangible (so, unusable) "steps": {
3500, 2000, 512, 1.0, },. Worse, after several
runs with such settings the driving assembly
jammed or something, and only comparatively
recently did I guess that scanner can be opened
and the belt sort of jiggled out of jam.

Here in this list the method advised for the new
device driver writers is to usb-trace the
commands given by the windows driver to the
scanner. Stef, the premier expert on GL84* based
devices, has written a bunch of awk scripts to
process such trace results. Search the archive
for 'stef' and 'scripts' attachment.

-Yury