[sane-devel] HP ScanJet N6310 - SANE Not Supporting

Abdul Salam V vasalami at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:06:10 UTC 2011

Hello SANE Dev Team -

As per my findings, SANE is not supporting HP Scanjet N6310 scanner. So I am
much interested to write sane module for this device. Currently I don't have
much idea of writing sane driver. So I want your help and support in this
regard.

The chipset used in this device is GL847. Since there is no document
available for this device and chipset, I have used reverse engineering
method and generated the snoopy log file. Also using "usbsnoop2libusb.pl"
converted the log file into C code. However I'm struggling to understand and
to fill some of the values for the genesys device datastructure. Can you
please guide me how to do this without having the proper document.

Please find the attachment of the documents and also let me know in case you
want any additional information. I have chipset data sheet for GL846 and
GL848 but not GL847.

Currently I have modified the "genesys_devices.c" and other configure file.
"scanimage -L"  listing out the device but not any other process. So please
let me what are the other things I need to do and how fill the C structure
such as "genesys_Sensor", "genesys_motor", "genesys_gpo" etc.

Your guidance and support would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Abdul Salam