[sane-devel] How to change the Makefile.in and Makefile.am

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:44:58 UTC 2011

You must add the backend name to configure.in, and various backend
file names in several places in backend/Makefile.am. Look for an
existing backend name to see all the places. Do the same for your
manpages and description files in doc/. Then run automake (rebuilds
all the Makefile.in files) and then run autoconf to rebuild configure.

There are probably other steps I forgot ;)

If you send a patch to the list, only send the configure.in and
Makefile.am changes, I'll re-run automake and autoconf here.

allan