[sane-devel] segmentation violation with xsane 0.997 and hp6500A

Antonio Bulgheroni antonio.bulgheroni at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 17:06:38 UTC 2011

Dear all,

  i'm a happy owner of a HP 6500A multifunction printer. I'm using the xsane
(v 0.997) package that comes with ubuntu 10.10 and I'm generally speaking
very satisfied.

Recently I've discovered a sort of bug that is happening everytime I'm
acquiring only a small part of the original image close to the bottom right
corner of the pane.

Running xsane through gdb I got the following error message / debug info:

bb_start_scan (ps=0x82f410) at scan/sane/bb_ledm.c:842
842      while(*jl != '\r')

Do you have any advise / suggestion / workaround?

thanks for helping in sorting this out.
cheers,
Antonio

Antonio Bulgheroni <http://www.google.com/profiles/antonio.bulgheroni>, PhD