[sane-devel] Samsung CLX-318x MFP-series

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 13:12:50 UTC 2012

Hi Frank

On Saturday 07 April 2012, Frank Sch�fer wrote:
> the Samsung CLX-318x MFP-series is currently not supported. Can I help
> adding support for this device ? I'm especially interested in scanning
> over network.
> I have a CLX-3185FW (wireless + cable network support) for testing.

As an initial experiment you might try this (perl) driver
http://www.jon.demon.co.uk/dell1600n-net-scan/ originally written as part of
the research for the SANE dell1600n_net driver.  Other people subsequently
submitted help/code supporting other similar protocols, including some Samsung
ones.

Even if it does not work then have a look through captured network packet data
of a scan looking for strings beginning "std-scan-" which would suggest a
similar protocol.

If either of above the above show promise then you might use the source of
both the perl driver above and the SANE dell1600n_net plugin as a starting
point.

cheers,
Jon