[sane-devel] Canon 9000F

Аl Воgnеr sane at ml1104.corr.eu.org
Tue Apr 17 18:14:32 UTC 2012

Am Di, 17 Apr 2012 13:10:46 CEST schrieb Аl Воgnеr:

> Am Di, 17 Apr 2012 12:10:27 CEST schrieb Nicola:
>
> > are new to the Linux world, I installed Ubuntu 11.10 64bit, I'm very
> > happy and everything works, except for the Canon 9000F I asked and
> > searched in other forums and they told me to address here. can it
> > work? I would like to avoid returning to win just for the scanner.
>
> I have to leave in a few minutes, so very short:
>
> It work with Ubuntu 11.10
> you have to compile from git

BTW it works with Opensuse 12.1 too, but you have to be more patient
than with Ubuntu (see below)

I did

apt-get install git autoconf automake libusb-dev
(maybe you need more packages to compile sane)

mkdir ~/src
cd ~/src
git clone git://git.debian.org/sane/sane-backends.git
cd ~/src/sane-backends
autoconf
automake
BACKENDS="pixma" ./configure
make

# doesn't work with a standard configuration with Ubuntu
# you need to do "sudo passwd root"
# to access the root account with "su -"
su -

cd /home/youruser/src/sane-backends
make install
# you could try "sudo make install",
# if you have no "activated root"

And now the strange things start, I simply recommed to stay logged in
as user until the next day and wait until it works, I had machines
which worked after an hour and others which worked after days, none of
them worked immediately.

Mabye I did not execute a needed command at the end, which I don't know
and a cron job does the rest. There is the same behavior with Opensuse,
it works only after a while.

After an hour, sometimes shorter, I get a result with

/usr/local/bin/sane-find-scanner

But it takes time until

/usr/local/bin/scanimage -L

works, and until "/usr/local/bin/scanimage -L" (note the path!) doesn't
show the 9000F, you cannot scan. Sometimes it took days. I think you
have to be logged in as user, but I am not sure. It never worked, when
I didn't start X and logged in as user.

After you have seen the 9000F with both commands, you can allow it for
a user.

Edit /lib/udev/rules.d/40-libsane.rules

#1 line:
ATTRS{idVendor}=="04a9",
ATTRS{idProduct}=="1908",ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

--
Αl