[sane-devel] scanimage: sane_start: Operation not supported

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Apr 18 00:36:41 UTC 2012

Tethys <sta551 at astradyne.co.uk> writes:

> Third attempt, trying to work my way around alioth's ridiculous
> anti-spam measures...

# You may have better luck attaching the logs.

> My trusty Epson GT-7000 died today. Annoying, but not the end of the
> world, given that I also have an Epson Stylus Office BX300F all-in-one.
> However, I can't get it working with sane:
>
>	riva:~# scanimage -L
>	device `epson:libusb:001:003' is a Epson NX300 flatbed scanner
>	device `net:localhost:epson:libusb:001:003' is a Epson NX300 flatbed scanner

Have you tried the epkowa backend?  It's included with Image Scan! for
Linux, available from:

  http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX

Or the epson2 backend, which comes part of sane-backends.  Disable the
epson backend and enable the epson2 backend in your dll.conf.

> [snip sanei_usb log]

There does not seem to be a problem communicating with the device.  The
device protocol bits show up as expected.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962