[sane-devel] scanner Epson DX4250 not working in Ubuntu 11.10

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Apr 24 04:11:20 UTC 2012

"Giorgio F. Signorini" <giorgio.signorini at unifi.it> writes:

> after upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 my Epson Stylus DX4250, while working
> as a printer, is no more found as a scanner by xsane

>> scanimage -L
> No scanners were identified. ...
>
>> grep 4b8 /etc/sane.d/epson.conf
> usb 0x04b8 0x0820

This device is not supported by the epson backend but by the epson2
backend and should not need an entry in /etc/sane.d/epson2.conf.  By
adding the entry to epson.conf you are forcing the epson backend to
treat it as if supported.  It isn't.

Please disable the epson backend in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962