[sane-devel] Epson V500 Gray negative scan problem

Bill Phillips oldprofessorbear at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:40:27 UTC 2012

I suspect that the software is expecting the typical orange mask found on
color negative film. This would normally be corrected for by injecting a
hefty dose of blue. When the negative (with extra blue) is converted to
positive, the blue turns orange.

I have this scanner, but haven't yet scanned b/w negatives with it. I
wonder if the problems you are seeing could have anything to do with ICE.
Though this seems most unlikely, since ICE is supposed to be shut off when
scanning b/w ...

Just throwing this out there ...

b.