[sane-devel] scanadf not generating PNM images

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 06:12:08 UTC 2012

On 29 April 2012 21:27, sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> scanadf is generating images that aren't PNM. Maybe the it's generating raw?
> Shouldn't it be generating a PNM file? Is there an option to have it
> generate a PNM file?

I think this is problem with the backend not sending enough data -
i.e. the backend reports via params that a scan of n x m should
appear, and therefore the frontend writes the appropriate PNM header,
plus all the data it gets until it gets EOF, but that the x bytes that
appear don't make up n x m.

Any post processing tools than complain that the PNM is not valid.

I've had to put a workaround in the development version of gscan2pdf
to pad the end of the file with whitespace in order to get a valid
PNM.

Regards

Jeff